Saturday, February 27, 2016

The BIG durian

The first watching this "docudrama" in the tutorial class, to be honest, I've fallen a sleep~
I have no idea what are they talking about (but at least I know is something about operasi lalang), I just remember the uncle said Adam's brother have been killed by a Sultan and that's all.

But today I rewatch again on youtube, I still not really get it, due to my poor English and malay~
So... I google it what is operasi lalang in chinses which is "茅草行动", and slightly get what are they talking about, what is operasi lalang and what was happening during 1987.

Honestly, I have really no interest and dunno much about politics... But for some reason, I'll still do some research for it.

Back to the topic about Operasi lalang.... hmm... Actually, I really have no comment about it, because all of us haven't born yet and we can't feel the atmosphere of the environment... but we can know that time is one of the darkest period of democracy in Malaysia...  from then till now the Malaysian politics are always on the dark side, always spared the racial riots, cover the truth...

Just now interview my parents, "do you know what is operasi lalang?" my dad said: "oh... 茅草行动 lah...that time Mahathir indiscriminate catching people due to the chaos period..." I ask "you guys still when to work as usual on that period," my mom said: "of course, our boss said we didn't participate in this kind of things... blah blah blah..." and dad said due to the operasi lalang what Mahathir had done, and now is his retribution...

Is an interesting way in watching a "docudrama" to knowing our Malaysia history... and I know why is important to know our history... so we can know that what are those artists try to bring out the message   :D

No comments:

Post a Comment