Friday, January 29, 2016

#TanahAirku @ KLCC

Yeah... so finally we have visited the gallery that we wont walk in by ourselves.
As you can see, Utarian has occupied the escalator =.=

For the first question, why the exhibition titled as #tanahairku, because the want to remind Malaysian that Malaysia is still our home, many memories we have left where the place we grown up, and also let the foreigners know this is how Malaysian grew up in 3 ethnics country. I think this is an appropriate title for the exhibition, as the exhibition has shown the kopitiam/mamak store, the classroom, the public phone and road sign board with those annoying stickers, all this things really demonstrated what is Malaysia, and YES! this is my home my country! 



Actually that's many objects that evoke my sense of Nostalgia, such as the congkak, the black & white chess, and the cabinet (inside the kopitiam), but I choose the classroom, I feel it's significant to me. Although the classroom design is quite old, the times table behind the exercise book, crayon, the louver window.... really recall my primary school memories, we have duty every week, doodled the black broad... I really wish there's a time machine can bring back to the past, meet someone I won't meet again, to experience again what am I thinking that time.


Because i'm from Chinese independent school, I've no chance to wear this SMK uniform. Thanks for this exhibition to let me experienced and now I know how I looked like when I wearing this uniform >.<


No comments:

Post a Comment