Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Time Capsule

As a Malaysian, if I have the opportunity to propose contributing 1 item to this time capsule, i will choose a lantern that made by aluminum can, and this lantern was made by my grandma when I was a little girl.

As a 90's, which also a Chinese, we do celebrate lantern festival or a.k.a moon cake festival with friends and neighbors and we'll placing around the candles or bringing our lantern to walk around in our Taman (feel memorable ^_^ ).

The reason I choose the aluminum lantern is because when was a little kid, my grandma often made it and I was sitting beside her to observe that how she made it (Indeed my grandma is a very patient woman). While during the moon cake festival, our Taman have organised a DIY lantern competition, so we used the aluminum lantern in the competition, lastly we won the 1st prize (or 2nd... whatever...), we get a big prize which is a chinese tea set, I was so happy at that moment and this the very first big award in my entire life, it's really unforgettable.
Aluminum can Lantern made by my grandma 

The another reason I choose this is because it is aluminum, it won't get rusty, and it can still remain the shape. After 100 years when I opened it (if I can) it can helps me recall that this is made by my grandma (I proud to be her granddaughter) and this remind me that actually happiness can be very simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment