Friday, April 15, 2016

Arts Performance - Gamelan

I never heard "Gamelan" this word actually, and at first, I though gamelan is an only one instrument...(I feel ignorant right now)
After research, of course we know is an ensemble music, same as Chinese orchestra....
For the presentation, we went to UiTM which located at Shah Alam, to do shooting and interview. While on the way to shah alam, I feel sleepy and hungry, because it took 1 hour + to reach there, and we also had a nasi kukus there before starting our work.

After shooting their performance, we started to learn from them, for me I feel quite easy actually, cause I've learned Chinese Orchestra for 6 years, there is some similarity with it and that one is harder than gamelan, but of course there's big different and different difficulty inside.
I try to play some modern music or children's song like Twinkle little star (that shown in the video that I asked for it), but they said gamelan is using pentatonic scale, so there is no "Fa" inside, it is not enough to play...  I feel a little disappointed... cause I cannot the songs that I familiar with T.T... By the way, I learned what is pentatonic scale~

This is the first time we touched the traditional Malay instrument, is quite fun and we have learned a lot. The most suffering part is to edit the whole video because we have 3 cameras are shooting, but there's only 1 camera's video can use, and some shot is shaky... I used 3 days to completed... on the presentation day, while presenting the video, actually I feel quite satisfied,...haha...

Remember to check out the video below~~




No comments:

Post a Comment